Hi! Welcome! Become a Member of the Associazione Italo Americana FVG / American Corner Trieste. We are not just a film club. Since 1961 we have been offering a full immersion experience in English for all ages, without leaving Trieste.
LEARN, LAUGH, SPEAK . . . in ENGLISH
First things first...
How much does it cost to be come a member?
€25 for "Ridotto": Students (over age 16), Teachers, and 65 years and older
€35 for "Intero" : Regular Adult Membership
How do I become a member?
You can come by our office and fill in our membership form, or register at the Ariston directly on American Film Night. We are located in Via Roma 15 - Trieste - tel: 040 63 03 01, email@example.com. Office Hours: Monday to Friday 4-8 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday 10-noon.
How can I pay?
We accept Cash, Checks, IBAN (if you pay by IBAN please specify in the request your first and last name and that is for Iscrizione Socio 2012/13). Bring a print of your IBAN Payment when you fill in your form to receive your membership card and your receipt.
Our IBAN is: IT49A0200802290000005261887 - Associazione Italo Americana FVG.
How long is my membership valid?
Membership lasts for 1 school year from September until August. You must renew each year.
What do I get with my Membership?
- American Film Series (in English) at the Cinema Ariston - 9 films (Oct - May)
- Made For Each Other Comparative TV / Film Series with Commentary at the Cappella Underground - 10 appointments episodes (Jan - Apr)
- Use of our fantastic American Corner Library - with over 10,000 books, 1,000 DVD's, magazines available in lending. We are also a great place to study if you are downtown.
- Children's Corner Library and I Love Reading Competitions
- Wi Fi Zone
- Thursday Coffee Break - 2nd Thursday of each month 10- noon - Open to the Public
- Friday American Experience - An American documentary or speaker each Friday (Sept.-Apr.) - Open to the Public
- Saturday Storytime - Classic tales read to children of members by a mother tongue and a related activity (Jan-Mar)
- Registration to take one of our English Courses - for all levels, ages and interest
- Registration for American Cooking School - (Feb-Mar-Apr)
- Monthly e-mail newsletter with an update on all of the activities for the month
- Invitations to our special cultural events - Guest Speakers, Conferences, Halloween, Election Night, Thanksgiving, Fourth of July, and anything else that comes up!
Can I go to the American Film Series if I am not a member?
Sorry, you have to be a member. We cannot sell single tickets.
When is the first film?
Thursday, October 25th with showtimes at 2,4,6:30, 9 p.m. - Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close starring Tom Hanks, Sandra Bullock, Max von Sydow, based on the book by Jonathan Safran Foer.
Where is the list of Films?
Here it is...When you become a member, you receive a booklet with a complete listing of all of our events and activities. We will also remind you each month with our newsletter and include the titles and a summary on our blog and on facebook
Oct. 25 - Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
Nov. 15 - Martha Marcy May Marlene
Dec. 6 - The Big Year
Jan. 24 - Margin Call
Feb. 14 - Hope Springs
Mar. 7 - The Master
Mar. 21 - Moonrise Kingdom
Apr. 18 - Hyde Park on Hudson
May 2 - Beasts of the Southern Wild
In case you were wondering, we are a volunteer run non-profit association.
See you in the Association! and at the movies, and at a conference, and in class, and at coffee break, and....
More questions? Give us a call or pass by.