Wonder what it's like to be a US Diplomat?

Me too. I even took the exam to try to be one. But I didn't pass the second step (Darn it!).

I still have a huge curiosity about the lifestyle though. For one US diplomats move from country to country about every two years and in between those assignments they get to live in Washington D.C. (which is a great city, by the way). How neat is that?

I definitely want to know the NITTY GRITTY about Diplomatic Life, so when Jack Hillmeyer is here talking about his experiences working for the State Department next Thursday, September 16th (6pm at the Association), I plan on sitting in the front row and asking lots of (personal and embarassing) questions (we're friends. I think I can get away with it). He will also be showing a video on Hillary Clinton before his talk, just in case you're wondering what it's like to be the Secretary of State (I can't imagine, I'm having a difficult enough time running the Association!)

I hope you'll come, too. It will be a good opportunity for us to meet again and we will give you an overview of everything you need to know about this year at the Association.

You can even ask us personal and embarassing questions too (like, You're still here?? But I read in the Piccolo...) and we will ANSWER THEM!

See you Thursday, although I hope to see you sooner for Intensive Class sign-ups, of course!