September 11 Nine Years Later

Be sure to watch Tele4 today. Denise, our AC Coordinator, will be commenting on September 11 from her American perspective. Here is what Slate has to say about it.

For me, it seems so recent, yet it also feels like a really long time ago. I remember going to NYC one month after it happened (I was living not far from Boston, on Cape Cod, at the time) and visiting Ground Zero, where there was STILL smoke coming up (how long did that place continue to smolder?), walking through a maze of makeshift walls with letters, drawings, and flowers stuck to it remembering the people who were killed in that terrible disaster. I remember visiting the church  next door that served as a temporary hospital for survivors and wondering why it was still in perfect condition. The entire area is a different place now, and it will be interesting to see how it evolves as time goes on.

I still can't believe it ever happened. It is so awful.