- Monday, 22/9 - CLASSES BEGIN! You can still contact us to start, based on availability. Need more course info now? Look at our blog for details or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel 349 3730682
- Monday, at 8 pm -LAUREN BACALL TRIBUTE FILM - To Have and Have Not. Open to the Public.
- Tuesday at 10 am - SHORT STORY DISCUSSION -Hemingway's “Cat in the Rain” and “A Clean Well Lighted Place”. Click to on the titles to download the stories. Open to the Public.
- NEW ENTRY - Thursday, from 10am -12 noon - A Farewell to Arms Film, 1957, with Rock Hudson and Vittorio De Sica. Filmed in FVG! Open to the Public.
- Friday from 9 am until we finish: READ-A-THON of "A FAREWELL TO ARMS", Hemingway's classic World War I novel set in Friuli Venezia Giulia. We are reading the ENTIRE Book and looking for Readers. We need YOU! Come in for a read, for the entire day, a couple of hours. Each reader will participate in our drawing for a Kindle Paperwhite! Send us an e-mail for more info email@example.com Open to the Public. Walk in whenever you wish! We'll be there from 9 am until we finish reading 285 pages!
Bring in your classes, your friends, fellow students, your colleagues. It is European Day of Languages. You can read in English or Italian or in whatever language you have the book in! We have English and Italian, you have to bring the book in other languages. We are reading in chronological order.
Why "A Farewell to Arms"?
- Hemingway is a classic American author,
- It is the 100th anniversary of WWI,
- Hemingway worked for the Italian Red Cross during WWI in Gorizia, Cormons, Caporetto,
- The book is based in part in FVG,
- It is European Day of Languages,
- A Farewell to Arms was a banned book in many libraries and it is Banned Book Month! We're reading the entire book. Special readers include US Ambassador Phillips and Mayor Cosolini as well as English Students from Liceo Nordio. We need YOU to read! We have the text in English and Italian. You can read in any language if you bring the book. All readers are eligible to win a Kindle Paperwhite.